Off Duty / On Style
Start spreading the news, I’m leaving… in 75 days. In 75 days, I will be on a plane heading to my favorite city in the world. I am honestly not even sure if the news has entirely sunk in yet. It all seems so surreal after years of dreaming about living in the city for years!
I will be interning and gaining hands-on experience in the fashion industry, which is huge for me and my career aspirations. With my passions for fashion, theatre and art, New York is the ultimate place for me. In my free time, I can’t wait to explore the city and everything that it has to offer. Of course, every once and awhile it washes over me how nervous I am to go to a city that I barely know with only a couple of friends there. Which is why, I’m bringing you all with me, (virtually of course) from the end of May until the beginning of August I will be sharing my journey with all of you. I plan to document all of my adventures so make sure to stay updated with my blog and follow all of my social media platforms to get the latest (linked in the connect tab). As far as things I want to do, of course, I have already begun making a short list.
- Brunch at Jack’s Wife Freda
- Take a Gossip Girl-inspired picture on the Met Steps (I have no idea why I didn’t do this the last time I was in the city)
- Try a signature milkshake at Black Tap (yes, I am willing to wait an hour for a milkshake)
- Embrace the #summervibes and visit Coney Island
- Explore Central Park because there is so much to see
- Get coffee from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf because it is my absolute favorite and there is none in my area/Wisconsin
As you can see, I am slowly getting in that “Empire State of Mind”. If you have any suggestions for things to do or places to go during my stay, please let me know in the comments. Until then, I’ll just continue freaking out about how I’m going to fit three months’ worth of clothes into my suitcase!